May. 2017 - Present
- Managed team of ten across three remote offices in different time zones
- Successfully rebuilt an old out sourced Objective-C app to 100% Swift 4.2
- Unanimously adopted a code style to allow the team to write more maintainable code
- Fostered an independent self-sufficent environment by implementing QA and Design reviews on Release Candidates
- Mentored Junior developers to higher positions, held code reviews, and oversaw AppStore deploys with a 99.7% Crash Free rating
- Increased overall iOS app reviews up to 4.5 stars, resulting in AppStore features in "Best New Updates" and "Best of Health and Fitness"
- Oversaw the creation of a features released across all platforms utilizing microservices and a common back-end
- Maintained existing budget while expanding the team across three offices and seeing 150% growth in revenue
Sept. 2015 - May 2017
- Used MVC / OOP, Custom Collection Views, NSURLSession, CoreLocation, and Local / Remote notifications to provide a flight tracking and services solution for pilots and FBOs.
- The Pen Island Board Game
- Used MVC / OOP, UITableViews, WebViews, and Custom Collection Views to create a fun board game for college kids.
- AnaSol Snack Pack
- Used the iOS 10 iMessage extension to create a custom sticker app allowing images to be placed in iMessage conversations.
- Utilized tvML, TVJS, and NSURLSession to create a custom video viewing solution as a youtube replacement for the AppleTV.
Sept. 2015 - May 2017
- Handled all deployment tasks from code review to getting the feature out the door.
- Utilized GitHub Issue Tracker to keep everyone informed on daily and weekly releases of varying sizes.
- Worked hand-in-hand with PMs in order to keep stakeholders informed of bug fixes and features releases.
- Successfully assisted with all site migrations, including one milestone that touched every image on the site.
- Took StackCommerce from comfortably deploying once a week to comfortably releasing once or twice a day.
- Created a simple CI system so that any developer could perform a full regression or test-by-suite check before merge.
- Created a full regression suite to accurately speed up deployment / releases for mobile and desktop using a combination of XCUnit, XCUITest, Capybara, and Ruby.
Sept. 2014 - Sept. 2015
- Utilized daily scrum standups and bi-weekly debriefs to keep projects on track and features delivered on time.
- Created and modified Django templates to remove technical debt and make it easier to implement new features for a proprietary back office web app.
- Helped create a custom automated CI framework to increase ease and accuracy of deploys for a Python / Django security site used by Fortune 100 companies.
- Helped the backoffice team get from zero to 80% code coverage, significantly decreasing testing time for the QA department during deployments.
- Using our newly created framework I was able to get new QA hire's painlessly writing new automation tests from scratch within 24 hours.
Jan. 2012 - Sept. 2014
- Transformed QA from a manual testing group to an automated testing group.
- Created an automated testing framework using RSpec and Ruby with SauceLabs as our grid.
- Open-sourced and gave a presentation at SeleniumCon 2013 in Boston about our framework and how to use it.
- Created an Appium bridge so our framework supported Android and iOS devices.
- Open sourced and presented CucumberSauceium at the Appium release party in 2012.
- Implemented Travis-CI in our development environment, paving the way for continuous integration.
- Acquired by Turner.
2010 - 2012
- Worked with an off-shore team using Scrum sprints to fix bugs and create new features for the entire Appmakr engine across four different mobile platforms.
- Tasked with creating new and exciting features for the Python / Django based WYSIWYG app builder using PhoneGap and jQuery.
- Manually verified, wrote step-by-step reports, and prioritized the most important bugs for each sprint.
- Wrote technical documentation, FAQs and Coding Labs for using Appmakr.
- Created a User Advisory Board of users to keep a finger on the pulse of the different types of users.
- Sold to Infinite Monkeys in 2013.
Sept. 2005 - Dec. 2009
Learned CS fundamentals (e.g. control flow, algorithms, recursion, and data structures) in Scheme, Java, Python, PHP.
Additional coursework in Linux System Administration, Deployment, Web Design, and Hardware Architecture.
Agile / Scrum
AWS / Elasticsearch
Swift / Objective-C
Ruby / Rails
Python / Django
Seeking a full-time director level position that will offer a challenge and allow me to grow.
I believe that culture is the most important aspect of a company.
When I'm not coding I'm flying an airplane or riding bikes (powered and unpowered).